Pastoral Staff & Leaders
Pastor William & Amanda McCarty – Lead Pastor
Pastor William and Amanda McCarty
came to HWWC in September of 1999. The church then was known as the Smithfield Church of God, with less than 10 in attendance at that time. The church has grown, acquired 12 Acres of property, built new facilities and has over 350 that currently call HWWC home. Pastor MAC and Amanda love their community and the precious people that they have been called to shepherd. To God be the glory for all that He has done, they know and believe that the best is yet to come! They have been happily married for 22 years and they have two children, Mason is 21 and Elizabeth is 19. Both of their children have very active roles in the ministry at HWWC. Mason holds an Exhorter License in the Church of God and is the role as a Youth Pastor and Elizabeth continues to be very active in leading worship and is our lead musician on the keyboard.
Pastor McCarty (Pastor MAC)
has spoken in conferences and revivals in the United States as well as internationally. He is also a vocalist and has produced two albums and one single. He is an Ordained Bishop with the Church of God, Cleveland Tennessee, and he is currently enrolled at the Pentecostal School of Theology pursuing a D-Min doctoral degree. He has an earned Master’s Degree in Counseling M.A.C from the Pentecostal Theological Seminary (specializing in Trauma, Addiction and Family components) Pastor MAC is currently serving his first term as the Elected Official on the Board of Supervisors of Isle of Wight County VA. He currently serves in his first year in a row as Chairman of The Board of Supervisors for Isle of Wight County. following two years as Vice Chair.
Pastor MAC serves in duly elected capacity within the Commonwealth of VA as:
Pastor MAC serves on several Intergovernmental State, Regional and local Boards in VA:
- Newport District, Isle of Wight County, VA Board of Supervisors Member 2016 – Present,
- Chairman of the Isle of Wight County Board of Supervisors January 2019 –
- Vice-Chair of the Isle of Wight County Board of Supervisors January 2017 – 2018
- VACO’s (Virginia Association of Counties, with 13 regions) Region 1 Director (Isle of Wight, Surry, Sussex, Accomac, North Hampton, South Hampton, Prince George Counties) 2018 – present
STATE VACO (Virginia Association of Counties) Boards Appointments:
- Member of the HRPDC (Hampton Roads Planning District Commission) 2017 – present
- Member of the WTRJ (Western Tidewater Regional Jail Authority) Board of Directors 2017 – present
- Member of the VA Department of Social Services 2016 – 2018
- Member of The HRMFFA Board (Hampton Roads Military and Federal Facilities Alliance) 2016 – present
- Member of the Isle of Wight County Personnel Committee 2016 – 2018
- Member of the Department Of Tourism and Marketing Committee 2016 – present
- Member of the Board of Directors for Opportunity INC. Workforce Development Board. 2016 – present
Pastor MAC also serves on two VA State Boards for the Church of God in VA:
- Member of the Health and Human Services Committee – 2016 – 2018
- Member Planning and Conferences Committee – 2016 – Present
- Member of the Economic Development and Planning Committee – 2018 – 2019
- Member of the Agriculture Committee – 2019 –
- Elected Member of the VA Church of God State Youth and Discipleship Board. 2010-2014 and 2016 – present
- Appointed Member of the State World Missions Board of Directors. 2010 – present
- Elected Member State Evangelism and Ministerial Development Board 2014 – 2016
If you would like more information on him, please visit http://www.williammccarty.com/
has worked alongside her husband in ministry as the Women’s Ministry Leader, Kids’ Ministry director, worship team member, church administration, Care Groups and more. She holds her Exhorter License in the Church of God, a Bachelor of Science Degree in Counseling from Lee University, and is currently enrolled at the Pentecostal Theological Seminary’s Master’s Degree Program in Counseling. She has a wonderful gift in administration and is currently working at the Isle of Wight County Schools in the Finance / Accounting Department. Her love for kid’s ministry, women’s ministry, counseling, helping others and administration is something that shines through her. Amanda has worked in secular work for many years supplementing their ministry income for their family. From working in a church sponsored daycare, Christian school to Administrative and Office Management; she remains faithful to the Lord, her husband, her family and her ministry. She is a valued asset at HWWC.
Pastor Marcel Berrios – Executive Pastor
Pastor Marcel and Millie Berrios
are originally from the NY/NJ area and came to Hampton Roads via their travels and business ventures during Pastor Marcel’s service as a Marine Corps Officer and their time working within the government contracting industry.
is a graduate of the University of North Florida and has worked within Program Management and as a Director of Training and Development for multiple corporations. Additionally, he has served as a youth leader for churches in North Carolina, Florida, Okinawa Japan and Virginia. Having yielded to God’s call on his life, he is an Ordained Bishop with the Church of God, Cleveland Tennessee and currently enrolled in a Master’s Degree Program in the Pentecostal Theological Seminary. He is now serving as the Executive Pastor for Healing Waters Worship Center.
has served within Leadership, Praise & Worship Ministries, Women’s Ministries and Sunday Schools for multiple churches during her travels as a military spouse. As an entrepreneur, she founded her own small business, Prestige Notary Signing Services and currently oversees operations for Prestige Diversified Solutions, LLC, a small business founded by Pastor Marcel.
As servant-leaders, both Pastor Marcel and Millie are passionate towards sharing the message of hope and faith within the Word of God and having it reflect in the lives of others. They enjoy driving, music, movies, sporting activities and teaching God’s Word.
Together, they are the proud parents of 4 adult “children” and grandparents of 14 grandchildren and counting.
Pastor Sandra Gurganus – Care / Senior Adult Pastor
Pastor Sandra Gurganus
has been an active member of the Smithfield Church of God for many years prior to its transition in 1999 to Healing Waters Worship Center. She is married to James and they have three adult children and four grandchildren. Sandra has served in many capacities including; Worship Leader, Ladies Ministry Director, Sunday School Teacher, Prayer Ministry Director and more. She holds an Exhorters License with the Church of God, Cleveland TN.
For the past ten years Sandra has been very active with the MPACT
Girl’s Ministries, which consists of six classes of girls ages 3-19. She serves as the Coordinator of the group and also as a teacher of the Stars Class. Sandra is grateful to serve as the Care / Senior Adult Pastor and to be the direct lead for the Care Teams at Healing Waters. She has a heart to seek after God and pray on behalf of others and loves serving in the prayer ministry as well.
Pastor Steve and Janet Carpenter-Family Ministries Pastor